Disability Access Audits
Disability Access Audits
A disability access audit is the easiest and most comprehensive way of making sure you meet the needs of your disabled clients, customers and employees.
What is a Disability Access Audit?
An Inclusion.Me audit maps a journey through your business, as taken by a disabled person meaning that you are aware of all your responsibilities under the DDA and Eqality Act and the most cost-effective ways of meeting them.
Through the audit we will examine the accessibility of your service, identify barriers and measure usability. We always consider the nature of your business and budget when recommending ways of improvement, meaning that the options are often cheaper than you may think.
The Disability Discrimination Act 1995 (DDA) addressed the obstacles which many disabled people experience in everyday life: in employment; access to goods and services; transport; and education. The DDA applied to anyone who provided a service to the general public - whether it was a small corner shop or large Multinational Corporation, placing a duty on them to make reasonable adjustments to the way they provided their service so they did not discriminate against disabled customers or employees. This act has now been replaced by the Equality Act 2010 but the same principles apply - see our Equality Act section for further guidance on the new Equality Act.
As an employer, provider of a service to the general public, or education provider you have a duty to make reasonable adjustments in anticipating the needs of disabled people
Meeting Your Legal Requirements
Inclusion.Me can help you understand your responsibilities and fulfil them using cost-effective packages. These could include:
- An access audit by one of our specialist access auditors
- Equal access customer service training for your employees
We have recently worked with Selfridges, Royal London Society for the Blind, Tunbridge Wells Borough Council, Kent County Council, Nike and The Arab National Bank.
What are the benefits of a Disability Access Audit with Inclusion.Me?
- Inclusion.Me has specialist knowledge & experience of the issues surrounding disabled people which will save your business money and increase its potential income.
- We provide property access solutions, which help meet your responsibilities under the old DDA and new Equality Act.
- Our training of employees to provide equal access will improve your customer service.
- We will always provide the most cost effective access auditing packages possible, tailored to your specific requirements.
- Our advice will not only affect people with disabilities, but also have an enormous benefit and reward for everyone by improving accessibility. An inclusive design philosophy has been proven to significantly improve customer/staff satisfaction and loyalty levels.
- All our access auditors normally have at least 10 years' experience of working in the fields of disability, access and construction. They attend regular training to ensure they are up to date with all relevant legislation & guidance and are experienced in auditing facilities as diverse as listed mansion houses to small shops.
For more information or to arrange a free consultation call 01892 704065 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.